How to stay relevant in 2019: tips to help your email stand out
In business, staying top of mind is key. Emails and social media are a great way to get noticed, but these channels become especially challenging come the new year. These 7 tips can help ensure your email gets opened and read:
- Timing is everything. While experts differ on which days have the highest open rates, they all agree that emails received during off-peak hours can have higher open rates, and to avoid emailing on Monday mornings and over long weekends.
- Open Sesame. A compelling subject line increases the chances of your email getting opened. Maybe you can make their dream vacation a reality. Perhaps your subject line could be Your dream vacation just got one step closer or leave a curiosity gap in your subject line to encourage your reader to open the email like Find out how you can join the 93% of Canadians who prefer this. Craft your offering into a compelling subject line. Use non-offers and avoid coercive tied selling.
- Relevancy is key. Start off with enthusiasm for 2019, but don’t overdo it. Explain why you’re contacting them and why talking to you could be beneficial. Will they be vacationing somewhere they would love to own? You can help make it possible by suggesting a CHIP Reverse Mortgage to help them make a vacation property purchase. Are they dreaming about a winter vacation? You can suggest a CHIP Reverse Mortgage to give them access to tax-free cash with no required monthly payments, allowing them to enjoy a stress-free vacation. Sound authentic, do not push the hard sell.
- Keep it short and sweet. Make it a quick read by using bullet points and subheads. Since people are busy, the content provided needs to be skimmable and relevant. Think about what you’re telling them first; if they don’t like what they see, they won’t read on.
- Think mobile. People read emails on their phones, in fact, most report on email open rates conclude that mobile is responsible for at least 50% of all opened emails – make sure yours is mobile-friendly! Companies like Constant Contact and Mailchimp have inexpensive, easy-to-use email templates that automatically convert to different platforms.
- Wrap it up with a bow. Close with an intriguing question, for example: Are you ready to start living retirement on your terms? Include a website link for more information about how you work, what makes you different, and happy client testimonials.
- Be social. Don’t forget about the power of social media. Use Twitter, Facebook and even LinkedIn to help grow your potential consumer base exponentially.
Where to start? With HomeEquity Bank’s Broker Launchpad, you gain access to a marketing hub providing purpose-built materials exclusively for our mortgage broker partners. Broker Launchpad provides you with emails, social media posts, website content and many more ready-to-use marketing materials, to help promote yourself and the CHIP Reverse Mortgage. You can leverage these resources and customize it to suit your client base. If you have not signed up for Broker Launchpad, don’t delay, sign up here now and view our webinar to find out how Broker Launchpad can help you build your brand.
As the year kicks off, email and social media can really help in your push to hit your annual targets, while laying the foundation for the year ahead. When used wisely, they can yield great results!
- Posted by Dev Admin
- On January 7, 2019
- 0 Comments
- 3 likes (You have already liked it.)